Wednesday 30 April 2014

Digital Collage

Good morning! It's a beautiful, sunny day in Melbourne, Australia. I have dropped my daughter off at school and my son off at daycare. Now I have got a whole 6 hours to myself! What a luxury!! Today I am going to work on another pattern and print sent. I'm thinking of an underwater scene but will see how this goes. When I start something, it doesn't always turn out the way I thought it would!

This week in MATS with Lilla Rogers we learnt about the wall art market. We were asked to create a collage using either traditional media or digital (but traditional was highly recommended). We were giving colours depending on our birthdays. Mine was yellow and pink! Then we all went on a bit of a scavenger hunt around the house to see what we could find.

This project was a bit of a challenge from me as I haven't picked up a paintbrush since high school! So I spent a whole day playing around with textures and swirls, ink splatters and watercolour drips, torn tissue paper and gold foil.

Here is my finished piece. All elements created digitally were scanned into my computer and pieced together using Photoshop.



To my surprise, I found I really enjoyed putting this collage together. So I thought, why not work on another one. 


Both of my collages can be purchased on my Society6 store.


No comments:

Post a Comment